When I’m not feeling too hot, I think about things more than I do when I’m happy. So today I was thinking, and I realized that although I’m totally happy with who I am, there are still a lot of things I want/need to work on. We all know it helps to have an accountability thingy or whatever, so here they are.
1. I seriously have to be less selfish. This isn’t an excuse by any means, but it’s not intentional. I don’t wake up and go, “I think I’ll be uber self-centered today.” It’s just kind of there, and it needs to not be there.
2. Definitely have to work on the whole “honor your parents” thing. I love them tons and tons, but I often maybe think of them too much as friends, which gives me permission to be impulsive about what I’m thinking and feeling and I just blurt it out. Not that I’m constantly fighting with my friends (or my parents), but I mean, they act toward me as parents, and then I react as I would with a friend if said friend got angry and told me I wasn’t allowed to do something. Er… *shuffles awkwardly* So yeah…definitely definitely have to work on that.
3. Discipline, AGH. This is a constant thing for me. I get all the work done I need to, sure, and I get it done on time, but I would have so much more time for other things if I was disciplined and worked super hard, and got everything out of the way before I start doing fun things. So this one has some practicals: I am forbidding myself from going onto Facebook, Twitter, TSR, Skype, insert other social things here, until I am completely finished with all my schoolwork for the day. I will completely clean my room each night before I go to sleep. I freakin’ will get up when the freakin’ alarm goes off.
Er…I think that may be it, actually.
Random short term practical goals:
1. study 10 min a day for license
2. stretch for 15 min a day
3. do at least 20 min of some kind of cardio exercise a day